5818 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19144

Social Services

  Center in the Park helps older adults through the transitions of aging with a broad range of programs and services, all geared to maintaining independence and dignity. Most older adults remain in their own homes, but may need help remaining independent. CIP's social workers can help these adults evaluate their needs and link them with services that make their home lives easier, more comfortable and less isolated. Sometimes, talking through the situation with a knowledgeable professional is in itself, a helpful first step. In other situations, additional resources are available that can make a real difference in quality of life.


Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF) is a grant that can provide assistance to eligible Philadelphia residents in shut off status with their utility. Eligible residents must be at or below the 175% poverty level, have a current shut off notice and cannot have received UESF within the past two years. Meet with Center in the Park’s Neighborhood Energy Center to see if you qualify. You must provide proof of income and social security cards for each member of the house and the current shut off notice from the utility company. Funding is limited and based on a first come first serve basis.

Back to Top


Senior Companion Program
The Senior Companion Program is a person to person program for older adults. The program links volunteer companions with elderly or disabled persons who need assistance in order to remain in their homes. The Senior Companion Program is administered by the Philadelphia Corporation for Aging.


In-Home Support Program

Back to Top

Center Counselor
If you would like to talk with someone about a personal concern, need assistance with utility, fuel or have a financial need, our Center Counselor is available by appointment to assist you. Help is also available for Social Security concerns, housing issues and repairs, PACE applications and Property Tax/Rent Rebate Programs.
Contact: info@centerinthepark.org

Housing Counselor
Need to speak with someone knowledgable about housing services available for older adults? For advice and information on subjects from home repair to predatory lending, contact CIP's Housing Counselor.
Contact: info@centerinthepark.org



Click to enlarge  



Maple Village